Gynecology & Well Woman Care
The following is a list of the procedures that AWC providers perform. Many of the surgeries vary as to whether they're done in the office, outpatient surgery or in the hospital. The setting would depend on the specific clinical situation and your provider.
- Tubal ligation-post partum and laparoscopic
- Loop excision of the cervix (a treatment for abnormal Pap smears).
- Essure (an in-office sterilization procedure)
- Endometrial ablation (a procedure for heavy menstrual bleeding, Novasure, Thermachoice, HTA)
- Hysterectomy-vaginal, abdominal, laproscopic, and the DaVinci robotic procedure
- Diagnostic and operative laparoscopy
- Urogynecology (procedures done for urinary incontinence and prolapse)